Target group: People who work on offshore installations which are equiped with the S-Cape personal descending system.
Prerequisites: Being a supplementary training the same prerequisites will be required as for the training it is combined with.
Objective: The S-cape familiarisation training is developed to familiarise people with the workings of the Scape descending system. The training is a practical oriented training and the aim is that
delegates are able to make an independent descent with the S-cape descending system.
Contents: During the training the delegates will be explained:
- The reason for this system
- Storage and descend points offshore
- All the elements of the S-cape descending system
- Workings of the S-cape descending system (by demonstration)
The delegate will practise and demonstrate:
- Donning of the S-cape descending system
- A descend by using the S-cape descending system
- A descend by using the S-cape descending system in combination with a liferaft painterline
The assessment will be done during the practical exercises by visual observations and oral questioning if needed.
Training is conducted indoor.