This course is intended to provide the knowledge, skill and understanding of ECDIS and electronic charts to the thorough extent needed to safely navigate vessels whose primary means of navigation is ECDIS.
The course emphasizes both the application and learning of ECDIS in a variety of underway contexts.
The course is designed to meet the STCW requirements in the use of ECDIS, as revised by the 2010 Manila Amendments. It should be understood that this is a generic course which requires a structured and complementary on-board ship specific ECDIS familiarization for each shipboard ECDIS system on which the navigating officer serves.
Those who successfully complete the course should be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge to undertake the duties assigned under the SSP.
Course content in accordance to the Model course 1.27
• Legal aspects and requirements
• Principal types of electronic charts
• ECDIS data • Presentation of ECDIS data
• Basic navigational functions and settings
• Specific functions for route planning
• Specific functions for route monitoring
• Display and function of other navigational information
• Errors in displayed data
• Errors of interpretation
• Status indications, indicators and alarms
• Integrity monitoring
• Risk of over-reliance of ECDIS.
Approval: Course is approved by Estonian Maritime Administration
Certification: STCW 2010 STCW Convention 2010 Every master, chief mate and officer in charge of a navigational watch on a ship fitted with ECDIS must have completed a course in the use of ECDIS
Accommodation: if you require so, we shall arrange hotel for you. The hotel is high quality 3 star SPA hotel. Hotel fee is 45 EUR per night single room, breakfast included. Transfer to training centre and back to hotel is complimentary.