General: This course provides training in free fall lifeboats and is based on the provisions of table A-VI/2-1 of the STCW Code.
Course content in accordance to the Model course 1.23 as applicable.
Course participants will be competent to operate free fall lifeboat during or after launch.
They will also be able to operate a free fall lifeboat engine and manage survivors and free fall lifeboat after abandoning ship.
Content: Knowledge, understanding and proficiency in accordance with IMO Model Course 1.23:
• Introduction; safety and launching of free fall lifeboat
• Launching arrangements
• Evacuation and recovery of free fall lifeboat
• Actions to take when clear of the ship
• Free fall lifeboat engine and accessories
• Handling Free fall lifeboat in rough water
• Actions to take when aboard a Free Fall Lifeboat
Course includes at least one actual free fall launch of free fall lifeboat.
Approval: Course is approved by Estonian Maritime Administration
Instruktorid/Instructors/Инструкторы: Ragnar Klaamas; Andry Parma.