Course/event Title: Training package for exchanging of existing Engineering officer STCW CoC to Estonian STCW CoC.
Training package is designed for those who like to obtain Estonian STCW CoC instead of existing STCW CoC (for example Ukrainian). The total duration of training is 4 weeks.
The training is divided as following: Theoretical e-learning at any location you would like, duration about 2 weeks, intense work. Practical training sessions in Tallinn, duration 2 weeks. After that you shall take exam at Estonian Transport Agency and apply for Estonian CoC.
To obtain Estonian CoC you need to have permit or right to live, refugee status or temporary protection in Estonia. With effect from 14.08.2022 Estonian STCW CoC is accessible also for those who have obtained Estonian e-residency Become an e-resident | Learn the Benefits & Apply.
If you are from Ukraine, please contact our cooperation partners in Ukraine. Admiral Ushakov Maritime Institute in Ukraine. http://aumi.in.ua. E-mail: email@example.com Mob:+380508373377 or +380677150318 (Viber, WhatsApp, Telegram)
Further please see instructions below:
- Option 1: You have a temporary protection or international protection in Estonia,
- Option 2: You have a residential permit in EU country or EU country citizenship,
- Option 3: If you do not have above, or have international protection in other EU country apply for Estonian e-residency here Become an e-resident | Learn the Benefits & Apply. When filling up the application, please indicate that you would like to receive your e-residency card in Tallinn. When writing down the reasoning for application of e-residency, indicate that you are seafarer and would like to get Estonian seafarers certificates as well perhaps establishing your own business in Estonia. The issuing of e-residency card takes normally up to 30 days. To begin the training sessions, you do NOT need to have e-residency.
Apply asap for recognition of your maritime school or academy diploma:
Fill in application form here Välisriigi_taotlus_2020_EN.pdf (harno.ee) Scan following documents:
- your diploma of completion of studies in maritime school or maritime academy (preferably both diploma and addendum, if one is missing, in many cases that is acceptable).The files must have been scanned in color to PDF format, the recommended image resolution is 600×600 dpi. If you have just a photo of your documents, in many cases that is accepted also.
- Identification documents (Passport, id card)
- Copy of proof of being under international or temporary protection in Estonia or any other EU country
Submit your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Estonian ENIC/NARIC shall provide a written evaluation statement within 30 days, counted from the time all the necessary documents have been supplied. The assessment of foreign educational credentials by the Estonian ENIC/NARIC is free of charge. More information is available here Akadeemiline tunnustamine | Haridus- ja noorteamet (harno.ee)
- To begin the training, you should have the following certificates available (validity may be expired):
- Diploma obtained from maritime school or academy
- Professional Certificate of Competency (CoC) issued by the Government
- Basic Safey Certificate of Proficiency issued by the Government or by the Approved Training Centre
- Proficiency in Survival Craft Certificate of Proficiency issued by the Government or by the Approved Training Centre
- Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate of Proficiency issued by the Government or by the Approved Training Centre
- Medical First Aid certificate of training
- ERM certificate of training
- HV certificate of training
- Choose below the date of beginning of practical training session and fill in application form. We shall reply with automatic receipt, send you booking confirmation as well instructions about e-learning modules. You should allocate for e-learning 2 weeks, as minimum. All theory modules must be completed before arrival to practical training session.
- The theory training package is in English and contains following training modules:
- Professional refresher training.
- BST, PSSC and AFF refresher training.
- HV training.
- ERM and Engine simulator training.
- Estonian maritime legislation training.
- English language assessment.
- Medical First Aid training.
- Normally the schedule of practical training session for engineering officers shall be as following: 1nd week: ERM and Engine Simulator and First Aid training, English language assessment. 2nd week: Basic Safety, Proficiency in Survival Craft and Advanced Fire Fighting.
- Upon completion of the training, you should have your e-residency papers ready, if you have applied for those.
- Upon arrival to the practical training session we shall inform the Estonian Maritime Administration (Transport Agency) about your upcoming exam. The exam dates shoud be normally available during couple of weeks. The exam contains theoretical evaluation e-modules and verbal communications with examiners, the exam is in English language.
- You can prepare yourself for the exams theoretical evaluation e-module at the training center.
- Before the exam, you need to pay state fees, present applications, and seafarers’ medical fitness certificate issued by EU state. Upon completion of exam, you should be able to get the certificates within couple of office days.
- You shall get from the Estonian Transport Agency the following internationally accepted STCW papers:
- Professional CoC including endorsement
- Basic Safety Training Certificate of Proficiency
- Proficiency in Survival Craft Certificate of Proficiency
- Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate of Proficiency
- You shall get from the training institution the following internationally accepted STCW papers:
- Medical First Aid training certificate
- ERM certificate of training
- HV certificate of training
- Estonian CoC endorsement is issued for 5 years and re-issued automatically after 5 years, based on seagoing service according to STCW. No need to take professional short courses unless your employer requires so. You need to renew only those certificates related to safety functions by participating on practical training (Basic Safety, Proficiency in Survival Craft, Advanced Firefighting, Medical training).