Kursuse/ürituse nimetus: Training package for exchanging of existing Navigation officer STCW CoC to Estonian STCW CoC.
Training package is designed for those who like to obtain Estonian STCW CoC instead of existing STCW CoC (for example Ukrainian). The total duration of training is 4 weeks.
The training is divided as following: Theoretical e-learning at any location you would like, duration about 2 weeks, intense work. Practical training sessions in Tallinn, duration 2 weeks. After that you shall take exam at Estonian Transport Agency and apply for Estonian CoC.
To obtain Estonian CoC you need to have permit or right to live, refugee status or temporary protection in Estonia or permit to live in other EU country. Estonian Parliament has decided on 18.07.2022 to make the Estonian CoC accessible also to those who have obtained Estonian e-residency.
If you are from Ukraine, please contact our cooperation partners in Ukraine: Admiral Ushakov Maritime Institute in Ukraine. http://aumi.in.ua. E-mail: email@example.com Mob: +380508373377 (Viber, WhatsApp, Telegram)
- Send us copy of your paper showing the permit to live, refugee status or temporary protection in EU, or
- Apply for Estonian e-residency here Become an e-resident | Learn the Benefits & Apply. When filling up the application, please indicate that you would like to receive your e-residency card in Tallinn. When writing down the reasoning for application of e-residency, indicate that you are seafarer and would like to get Estonian seafarers certificates as well perhaps establishing your own business in Estonia. The issuing of e-residency card takes normally up to 30 days. To begin the training sessions, you do NOT need to have e-residency.
- To begin the training, you should have the following certificates available (validity may be expired):
- Professional Certificate of Competency (CoC) issued by the Government
- GMDSS CoC issued by the Government
- Basic Safey Certificate of proficiency issued by the Government
- Proficiency in Survival Craft Certificate of proficiency issued by the Government
- Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate of proficiency issued by the Government
- Medical First Aid or Medical Care certificate of training
- Radar, ARPA, SAR, ECDIS and BRM certificate of training
- Choose below the date of beginning of practical training session and fill in application form. We shall reply with automatic receipt, send you booking confirmation as well instructions about e-learning modules. You should allocate for e-learning 2 weeks, as minimum. All theory modules must be completed before arrival to practical training session.
- The theory training package is in English and contains following training modules:
- Professional refresher training.
- Radar & ARPA, SAR operational or management level as applicable.
- ECDIS generic and MARAD type specific
- BRM and Ships handing.
- Estonian maritime legislation.
- English language.
- Medical First Aid or Medical Care, as applicable.
- The schedule of practical training session for navigation officers shall be as following: 1nd week: ECDIS, Radar, ARPA and SAR simulator, BRM and Ship handling simulator training. 2nd week: Basic Safety, Proficiency in Survival Craft and Advanced Fire Fighting, Medical First Aid, and Medical Care practical training and English language test.
- At the beginning of the practical training session, we shall book for you exam at the Transport Agency. The exam contains theoretical evaluation e-module and verbal communications with examiners, the exam is in English language.
- You can prepare yourself for the exams theoretical evaluation e-module at the training center.
- Upon completion of the training, you should have your e-residency papers ready, if you have applied for those. Before the exam, you need to pay state fees, present applications, and seafarers’ medical fitness certificate. Upon completion of exam, you should be able to get the certificates within couple of office days.
- You shall get from the Estonian Transport Agency the following internationally accepted STCW papers:
- Professional CoC including endorsement
- Basic Safety Training Certificate of Proficiency
- Proficiency in Survival Craft Certificate of Proficiency
- Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate of Proficiency
- You shall get from the training institution the following internationally accepted STCW papers:
- Certificate of Proficiency in Medical First Aid or Medical Care, as applicable
- Radar, ARPA, ECDIS, BRM and Ship handling certificates of training
- Estonian CoC endorsement is issued for 5 years and re-issued automatically after 5 years, based on seagoing service according to STCW. No need to take professional short courses unless your employer requires so. You need to renew only those certificates related to safety functions by participating on practical training (Basic Safety, Proficiency in Survival Craft, Advanced Firefighting, Medical training).